Beast Mode is your complete invoice management area. Access to this page is dependent on your access level.
When you create either a progress invoice or a final invoice (see Job details), you will be taken to Beast Mode, which displays information and costs associated with the job's completed tasks or one-off/office charges.
- 1 Job Details (eBoard jobs only)
- 2 Office Services (eBoard jobs only)
- 3 eBoard (eBoard jobs only, except TMP Only jobs)
- 4 Labour and Vehicles (all jobs except TMP Only)
- 5 Equipment (all jobs except TMP Only)
- 6 Update Charge
- 7 Further Functionality
Details for all splits of the associated job are displayed in this table, allowing easy access to information that may be useful for invoicing.
Displays the job's 'Chargeable Office & TMP Resources & Services Required' (entered in eBoard).
The charge for these services can be added or updated by clicking on the table, changing the 'Charge' amount and clicking 'Save charges' (or by hitting 'Enter' on your keyboard).
This lets you compare what should have happened on each day of the job with real time information.
- Field staff notes & tracking - This row shows the tasks for the job recorded each day. Hovering over the task it will show a brief overview of the task times and notes written by field staff. Clicking on the task will take you to the task details.
- Scheduled start time(s) - This row shows the time the job was scheduled to start each day.
- Closures, Trucks and Staff - This row shows the scheduled closures for the job each day. Hovering over the closure abbreviations will show the full names of the closures.
- Trucks - This row shows the scheduled vehicles to be used for the job each day. Hovering over the vehicle abbreviations will show the full names of the vehicles.
- Staff - This row shows the scheduled staff allocated to the job each day. Hovering over the staff initials will show the full names of the staff members.
- Labour - This row shows the scheduled number of staff required for the job each day. Hovering over the number will show who the STMS and TC on-site were scheduled to be.
- Remove Parks: This row shows whether no parking is required for the job each day. It will show "NA" if no parking was not required, or "Y" if no parking is required. Hovering over the text will show the type of no parking required.
- Office Daily Notes: This row shows if a daily note has been recorded (on eBoard) for the job each day. Hovering over the will show the note entered.
Labour and Vehicles (all jobs except TMP Only)
Labour hours and vehicle hours are both derived from the Tracking system tasks completed for the job daily.
- Labour hours are derived from the on-site time for a 'Record Travel/Setup and On-site Time Separately' type task and from a 'Record start and end time only' type task if the field staff member indicates they have not taken a vehicle.
- Vehicle hours are derived from the travel times for all task types, except if the field staff member indicates they have not taken a vehicle.
Each row in both tables is grouped by the type of Labour/Vehicle.
Each table has totals for each day (column) and type (row), and Average, Max, Price, Discount and Charge figures for each type (row).
A discount can be added to each type (row) by clicking on the figure in the Discount cell. Discount values will show in blue.
Equipment (all jobs except TMP Only)
Equipment used on the job is tracked daily. Figures in this table represent the maximum number of items used per day as recorded in the job's tasks.
For further information on how equipment items can be tracked via a task, see Tracking tasks.
Zero equipment quantities and reverting over-rides
Applying a daily fixed cost
A fixed cost will over-ride the calculated cost for a day.
To apply a fixed cost, click on the fixed cost figure for a day, which will show this dialog:
You can update the fixed cost by entering a new value in the 'Over-ride Amount' field.
A discount can be applied to a day's total charge by clicking on the figure in the Discount row.
If you wish to apply the same discount to all days in the Equipment table, change the Date option to "All days in this invoice".
In each of the above three tables (Labour, Vehicles and Equipment), daily figures recorded and prices per row can be over-ridden. Any over-ridden figures or prices will appear in blue.
Over-ride a day's figure
When you click on a day's figure, the following dialog will appear:
You can over-ride the 'amount' by entering a new figure in the 'Over-ride Amount' field.
Over-ride a price
When you click on a row's price, the following dialog will appear:
You can over-ride the 'amount' by entering a new figure in the 'Over-ride Amount' field. You can also apply a discount using this dialog (Labour and Vehicles tables only).
Change Type (Vehicles table only)
You can change the vehicle type recorded for a day's task in the Vehicle table by clicking on the day's figure. The following dialog will appear:
You can choose a new option from the 'Vehicle Type' dropdown.
If you choose a type that has already been recorded by the same person on the same day, the vehicle hours for that day's task will be combined into the existing row.
If you have two tasks with the same type recorded on the same day, the type update will only apply to the first task.
Further functionality options can be found at the top of the Beast Mode page.
- | Show/hide subtotals per type in Labour and Vehicles tables (subtotal rows show in light green)
- Round values in Labour or Vehicles tables up to nearest 0.25 or 0.5 and/or set minimum amounts to a chosen figure
- Assign the invoice to a chosen staff member for processing
- View the job in the Tracking system
- View the job on eBoard
- Links to the Road Direct Wiki page Overview of eBoard and Tracking Notes
To make an invoice complete, use the "Mark invoiced" button
Traffic Management Plan